Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Horse and Buggy Dream Feb 08


Dream: Friday, February 01, 2008
I dreamt a friend asked me to go to the grocery store but I had to take a horse and buggy. I jumped in the buggy and proceeded on my way. I was going up and down very tall hills and felt I was in Virginia. Many times the horse would go down the hill way too fast and I thought we would crash but he seemed to do fine. There were no cars anywhere. When I finally got to the grocery store it looked as if a civil war had broken out. Bodies lay in the streets everywhere. Most, seemed to have died from starvation. Grown men appeared to weigh about 80 pounds. They were less than skin and bones. Some were crawling across the ground and I wondered how it was possible that they were alive. They were so grotesque I could not even look at them. Several had bullet holes in them obviously from trying to get groceries at the grocery store. One man rolled over and moaned, he had three arrows in him. When I got to the grocery store there was absolutely nothing left. Every shelf had been cleaned out and it looked like an abandoned store. Bodies lay in the aisles. I went back outside to go back home. I realized many people were naked as they were lying in the streets. I wondered if people stole their clothes.

Joe Ouellette

5 comments:

  1. If this dream had been given to me, this would be my preliminary interpretation: There is coming a chaotic and confusing time of Christian civil war and turmoil. During this time, good ministry vehicles won’t exist or be effective. It will be scary, but for those who walk with Him, He will navigate them to where He wants them to be. The death and injury count from this war will be staggering. Christians will viciously attack each other and feel they have righteous cause, many feeling they are doing God’s will. The Body of Christ is starving and will starve because not enough unbelievers are coming into it (Acts 10-11 speaks of converted non-believers being as food eaten by the Body of Christ), and also a great many who should be coming into the BOC are dying and will die from spiritual starvation because the body of Christ does not evangelize and disciple as it should. The naked people represent people who are spiritually unclothed, that is, they are spiritually open and vulnerable but don’t have God’s covering of a robe of righteousness and gown of salvation, because, again, the BOC is not fulfilling the Great Commission as it should.

    If this is the proper interpretation, it’s very condemning, because in the cases of Christians and non-Christians alike, both suffer and die because WE are not fulfilling the G.C.! It’s really all our own fault. Completely avoidable, and really, really, really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I believe in the literal translation as most of my dreams are pretty literal. There is a true famine coming to the land and we need to prepare for it. Secondly there has been a famine of the word in the church for quite some time. (The prosperity gospel and the universal gospel has taken over the church).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps God gave you this dream for me, much as He apparently gave me a dream for you and your wife recently. This dream and the ones of war dovetail so perfectly, and in so much detail, with what God has been telling me for years, that I suspect my interpretation is correct. Perhaps both interpretations could be correct....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and besides, I never said this is the interpretation of your dream. I only said this would be my preliminary interpretation if this dream had been given to me, which it has not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh isn't that basically the same thing? I guess deep down I hope my dreams are symbolic but they are almost always literal, for instance my dream of the volcano and oil spill were literal yet everyone thought it meant something else.

    ReplyDelete