Sunday, July 25, 2010

Delusion; when the heart lies to the mind



Delusion; when the heart lies to the mind

2TI 3:1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

No one could deny that we are living in these times. Whenever there was a great falling away the Lord would mobilize his prophets. There is a heretical society right now that would dispense with the true prophets if they could. The list of false prophets is a mile-long. They are preaching all is well and ignore those that are preaching God's judgments are coming. Or here's one I heard recently. “Just send us your money and God will protect you through the hard times, which are coming to the rest of America”
The true prophets are warning everyone to repent right now, for God's judgments are coming. There is a war going on, even in the prophetic. It's brother against brother. Only a close relationship with God and being obedient will keep us out of the delusion.
I had a vivid dream one night, it was the year 2000. A dreamt I had gone into a church with someone I knew well. She was happy and I was reluctant to go because I knew the church had fallen under a delusion. I didn't want to cause ripples more or less and let her have her way, in going to this church. As I sat in my un-comfortable chair, I saw what looked like a blanket that came down over top of me. It was the spirit of delusion! Immediately I began to think the prosperity gospel was true. At the same time I was far enough removed from the situation that I could also see it was a lie and began to get confused. My heart pounded and I knew I had fallen into sin by entering into this congregation. I began to panic and started to run for the door. I fell out the door quite literally and onto the pavement, I rolled onto my back and cried out to the Lord. “Please forgive me Lord, I am sorry for coming back, please free me from this delusion” I was crying and sobbing and realized I had fallen into sin. The Lord had freed me from the delusion and yet, I was so easily swayed to come back into it. He had done a great thing by freeing me from this and now I had tempted Him by returning.
I awoke crying, the delusion was still on me. For five long minutes I laid in that spirit of delusion before it finally lifted.
I never entered that church again. Being free from the delusion is indescribable. Only when you stand on the other side can you really understand.
This delusion came over the church slowly and was introduced by well known prosperity preachers. The church believed a lie because they wanted to. They loved the things of the world and they were caught in the trap of Satan. They were lured by the lust of the flesh.
It is clear the only way God can save these people is a complete economic collapse or some other catastrophe. The Lord has shown me that is exactly what He's going to do. Men's hearts are tied up in the things of the world. They should be tied up in the things of God. Satan has ensnared them through their flesh.
I have many friends that I care about that are caught up in this delusion. I know many of you have family and friends as well. There is an epidemic of false teachings. Heretical books are bestsellers. Only a close walk with God will keep you free from this. Even the church you to go might be embracing these teachings. Jesus said “my sheep know my voice”.

1 comment: